As a conclusion of working on the King Street regeneration this project focuses on the North, Seaton area. Seaton as it is now, is lacking urban character, possibilities for community integration and facilities to boots citizens well-being. This masterplan takes 3 major student’s projects and combines them to transform dull and unloved part of Aberdeen into the thriving neighbourhood.
The agenda for Seaton Gateway is to:
1. Create a northern gateway to the city.
2. Create modern transport interchange, improve site connectivity and adapt King Street to be more pedestrian-friendly.
3. Improve site safety through generation of footfall, destinations and integration of community.
4. Activate waterfront to encourage water sports and outdoor activities.
5. Create well-designed outdoor spaces that local communities can interact with and be proud of.
6. Create a mixed-use development for people to live in, work and visit with joy.
7. Connect city back to the river.